Sunday, September 1, 2013

First Class Flight


On Monday, the few remaining Air Force people and a whole bunch of Army soldiers donned our vests, holstered or slung our weapons, (I’m sporting a M9) and put on our helmets as we boarded a C-17 to Kandahar. Turns out everyone on the flight was going to there, but me. I was excited to be in this particular plane because my boyfriend, Jared, is finishing up pilot training for the C-17. I was grinning. Total SAPPY MOMENT. When we got to Kandahar everyone else in the plane offloaded and I sat in the cargo bin all by myself. Then the pilots came down and invited to me to sit in the cockpit for the next leg. EEEK! There was no way to play off my excitement. I told them all about my “pilot boyfriend” and how “he was gonna fly one of these too.” UGH... I was that girl!

Oh Yea..I'm looking so hot in this pic! Ready for the flight. 
 
All the Army Folks on board the C-17.
 

Sitting in the cockpit as the Pilots prepare for flight! 
 

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you got to fly in the pit! Maybe one day you will be able to do that with Jared :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. T - A) definitely keep smiling...spread happiness to the other folks over there. B)I can totally imagine you talking about Jared flying that plane....er aircraft....whatever. LOL...Hope all is well. Man fall is swinging around and I keep thinking about County League! Buuuut all of us heffas live in different parts of the country/world right now! Oh the good ole days...I'm about due for a technical. haha. Hope all is well. Much love!

    ReplyDelete